Dull Skin : 5 common causes and 5 easy solutions.
Dull Skin is skin that would lack a healthy glow and look tired and lifeless. All of us have faced a flat looking not so radiant face at some day in life… let's know what are the common reasons for dull skin.
Some common observations found in dull skin are:
- Dehydrated skin
- Dark sunken under eyes
- Skin appears less radiant than usual
- Skin appears darker than usual
- Skin appears patchy.
Top Dermatologist and aesthetic expert Dr Sonam shares her views on the top reasons for dull skin:
- Dead Skin cells- As you age, your skin loses it’s regularity of skin renewal compared to your youth. This can cause dead skin cells to pile up on your face, making it appear less radiant, dry and dull.
- Dehydrated Skin- for skin that’s lacking moisture (water) can never shine. As you grow older the water holding capacity of the skin reduces. Also activities like long hours in air conditioners, use of strong chemical based products can increase the trans epidermal water loss even further.
- Lifestyle habits - Indulgences like smoking, alcohol intake or very high intake of processed foods can further aggravate the water loss from the skin. These can also dilate the pore size and increase the collagen loss from the skin.
- Wrong Skin Care products- it is not uncommon for women to prescribe their face wash, body wash or toners to their family particularly to the teenagers. It should be borne in mind that for “ALL HEALTH CARE ADVISES - NO ONE SIZE FITS ALL”. So if some product has worked well for you doesn’t necessarily mean it will work for all.Using inappropriate skin care products for longer times can actually impact the skin permanently.
- Lack of sleep- Use of gadgets before going to bed has become the new normal for youngsters. With increasing number of people working night shifts and odd long working hours, stress not allowing you to sleep well can all have an impact in the way your skin responds to external damage. Lack of sound sleep produces a steroid hormone called cortisol in the body which wrecks damage on the skin by cutting short the blood supply to the skin, weakening the immune system and delaying the healing mechanisms.
HOW TO GET RID OF DULL SKIN :
Have a healthy balanced diet and 8 hours of sound sleep.
Consult a dermatologist to have your skin type assessed and suitable products recommended for your skin age and needs.
Follow a regular cleansing, exfoliation , toning and moisturising routine with the Derm recommended products.
Never forget the Importance of prevention is better than cure. Use your sunscreens as advised even when indoors.Use a sunscreen all-round the year.
Use an Antioxidant based serum ( vitamin C, Vitamin E or phyto phenols based serums) regularly to reverse daily damage.
#dermatologistinthane #skindoctornearme #bestskinclinic #bestdermatologistinmumbai #bestdermatologistinthane #skinspecialistinthane #howtogetridofdullskin #skincaretipsbyadermatologist #bridalskintreatments #laserskintreatmentinthane #laserfordarklips #darkcircletreatmentnearme #lasertreatmentforfairskininthane #howtogetfairskin #fairnesstreatmentinthane